Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Game Notes

Tonight was a big night for the Bravos. Not only did they win they posted their third straight game of 12+runs. That's a big offensive outburst from a team that looked like it has resigned itself to missing the playoffs a few games back. Seriously, who gets swept by the Reds?

You might also note that Boomstick had a 3run HR and a walk for an RBI. He also struck out twice. Reminds me of another 1B I know... JK. The man is fierce and deserves his new nickname.

The two new arms also got some work with Mahay looking good, but giving up a walk, and Dotel looking sharp. In fact Dotel needed only 7 pitches to get a strike out, ground out, and line out.

And the bad news. Buddy went down during his warm up in the sixth. DOB reports a hyper extended elbow. Now, depending on his makeup this might be nothing more than a twinge. I personally do this 2-3 time a week playing tennis and have had no problems... yet. What i do know is that it feels funky when it happens (like hitting your funny bone) but subsides quickly. The only lingering result is usually a little tenderness that goes away in a few days. However, buddy is scheduled to start on Sunday. I'm not sure if he'll make that. I'd expect Villarreal to make the spot start (no one has options that can get us a starter right now) if Buddy can't go.

Also of note, I'll be at Sunday's game in the $25 "All You Can Eat" seats. I hope to have good pics and even a TBS appearance to show for it (not to mention all the hotdogs I can eat).

No comments: