Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Davies in the Pen, Salty at 1B

Not what we expected but Kyle Davies will now be working from the pen. I'm not a huge fan of this move but it seems to have it's advantages. A reliever can be useful with only 2 pitches (which Davies usually has) and that gives him time to find his location. However, the reason i don;t like it is that Davies will now be counted on to pitch in pressure situations, something he could not do as a starter. He also pushes out Devine, who has been effective in limited use this year.

The better news is that Salty is again at 1B against a righty. "I just want to see him against right-handers," Cox said. "I haven't seen him against them all year." This makes me happy beyond all reason as it suggests that he has earned Bobby's trust. I hope we don't have to see Thorman struggle there again.

2 comments:

Corey Bishop said...

Why is Davies pitching Sunday then?

Mike said...

Check the link. It doesn't make sense to me either.