Sunday, July 29, 2007

DOB Gets Nervous

David O'Brien, the Braves beat writer for the Atlanta Journal Constitution is getting a little nervous about the recent rumors that the D'Backs are in on Tex. Today in his blog he posted,

"Yes, I do believe Braves will get it done. Just not quite as sure as I was Saturday morning."

This coming from a man who was "very, very surprised if it didn't get done."

"Take off one of those “verys”" he said today "That’s why I usually like to avoid saying “never” or “sure thing” in these scenarios."

Even if this trade falls though, few people around the organization think that Tuesday's deadline will pass without the braves making some move. Chipper Jones just last week expressed his confidence in JS and the front office staff "It's nice to know our front office is giving us a shot of new blood," Jones said, "and cares about us continuing on in the playoff chase. Hopefully we can make a move to get us over the hump."

I know I speak for all the ravenous braves fans out there when I say, JS make us a winner!

2 comments:

Corey Bishop said...

Mark Teixeira, Good player, not coming here.

That's one of your posts, are you still that sure?

Mike said...

Personally, i still think that JS is out of his mind if 1/2 of the rumors about the package Texas is getting is true. The other 1/2 could work. However, I get the sinking feeling that there's something about Salty we don't know. I trust JS, but this blockbuster was awfully far fetched 2 weeks ago and still smells.