Sunday, July 15, 2007

Open Forum: Where's salty going?

There has been alot of speculation on the future of Jarrod Saltalamacchia as of late. Various rumors have him going to any team with a decent starter available, Texas for Big Tex, and even that he's a franchise player. Overall, the causal observer can't help but be confused.

What we do know is that EVERY discussion with JS starts and ends with Salty, but until now we could only speculate what the bounty on Salty's head is. We now know what JS has asked of at least one team. "Atlanta management would seek nothing less than an impact-caliber young pitcher in exchange for promising catcher/first baseman Jarrod Saltalamacchia. The Pirates are among several teams to have inquired about him in the past month." The only starter from the Pirates I've seen linked to the braves has been Snell so I'm assuming that's what JS asked for.

What do you think? Will Salty become the next career Brave or will he be gone before he has a chance?

4 comments:

Corey Bishop said...

I think Salty stays.

Corey Bishop said...

Yeah it's an open forum, but no ones talking! :)

Duane said...

My guess is he stays. Salty has done so well JS will have to be completely floored in order to move him at this point. If our scouts think Snell really has the stuff to be a top of the rotation guy he might pull the trigger, but past that, I doubt JS moves Salty. We've heard the name Noah Lowry thrown around a bit, but I doubt we would part with Jarrod in order to get him.

At this point I think you could see Escobar go somewhere, but not Salty.

Mike said...

Mark Bradley over at AJC adds his 2 cents. "I don’t believe Salty will be traded before Escobar. I believe Escobar will be traded before Salty."